Embark on a comprehensive journey into Identity and Access Management (IAM) with our Keycloak training series. Our courses cater to various IAM needs, offering a roadmap for both beginners and seasoned professionals. Delve into the world of KEYCLOAK server deployment and configuration, as we demystify OAuth 2, OIDC, and JWT specifications. Gain a solid grasp of authentication terminologies, token intricacies, and best practices that have evolved over time.
Choose the course that aligns with your IAM goals:
Course 1: Basic Keycloak IAM & SSO (2-3 Days)
Kickstart your IAM expertise with foundational Keycloak concepts. This course covers:
- Basic functionality exploration, with hands-on labs to tackle common configuration challenges
- In-depth review of OIDC, OAuth 2.0, and JWT standards, addressing common misconceptions and implementation pitfalls
- Designing authentication flows, including real-world scenarios to understand the challenges in creating user-friendly yet secure flows
- Sign-in and sign-up use cases, with a focus on addressing common issues in user onboarding and authentication
- Token customization insights, exploring the nuances of customizing tokens to meet specific business requirements
- Deployment patterns discussion, covering challenges and best practices in deploying Keycloak in various environments
- Hands-on demonstrations with troubleshooting scenarios to enhance problem-solving skills
Challenges to Solve
Navigate the challenges of implementing IAM solutions, from configuring basic functionality to designing authentication flows. Tackle issues in user onboarding, token customization, and deployment, ensuring a seamless IAM experience.
Ideal for IAM beginners and those seeking a solid understanding of Keycloak basics.
Course 2: Advanced IAM (3-5 Days)
Elevate your IAM skills with advanced Keycloak customization and integration techniques.
- User Federation with LDAP, including troubleshooting common integration issues
- Integration and troubleshooting of Identity Federation with external Identity Providers
- Implementation of Multifactor Authentication and Passwordless experiences, addressing common challenges and ensuring seamless user experiences
- Step-up authentication strategies, addressing scenarios where stronger authentication is required
- Hands-on demonstrations with real-world problem-solving scenarios
Challenges to Solve
Navigate complex IAM scenarios, from integrating external Identity Providers to implementing advanced authentication mechanisms. Address challenges in user federation, multifactor authentication, and step-up authentication to enhance your IAM capabilities.
Suitable for IAM professionals looking to deepen their Keycloak expertise and explore advanced IAM features.
Course 3: Advanced API Security (3-5 Days)
Master the intricacies of API security within the IAM landscape. This course covers:
- In-depth review of Authorization Models, addressing challenges in implementing and managing access control
- Exploration of Authorization Architecture Components, focusing on practical solutions to enhance security
- API security overview with OAuth 2.0, UMA, and addressing challenges in zero-trust architectures
- Analysis of RBAC, ABAC, ReBAC approaches, emphasizing the importance of flexible and scalable authorization solutions
- Security patterns for Microservices, including addressing security and compliance issues
- Hands-on demonstrations with real-world challenges, such as broken access control scenarios
Challenges to Solve
With the growing importance of zero-trust architecture, based on the principle that nothing can be trusted, questions around the level of access granted have become critical. Security and compliance are mandatory problems to tackle in any architecture, and authorization is a crucial part of any solution, considering that the 2021 top OWASP risk was broken access control. Learn how to make authorization flexible, fast, and scalable to meet the evolving demands of modern security landscapes.
Designed for IAM and security professionals focusing on API security and microservices architecture.